Joy Undefined - Bronwyn Desjardins (18 December 2008)

Words don’t surface with the same familiarity now,
Hesitating and tongue-tied, they retreat impotent in my mind’s crevices, 
Fearful and stammering, they recede in the blinding light of my heart’s delight.

My intelligence, confronted by joy, exhibits a blank canvas
That I labour and yearn to paint for my reader,
But the words fade and wilt in the presence of such intense rapture.

I seek and find not the language to express,
The ecstasy that leaps and carouses within,
Newborn and undefined, rollicking and spirited – my bliss.

Perhaps, then, it is fitting that this feeling remains untainted by definitions,
Free from words or language, to frolic euphoric – unchained and unrestrained,
Forever my haven of un-penned delight to relish and savour – my joy undefined.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ode to Bluebells - Bronwyn Desjardins (In Memoriam: Eric Laver)

Sudden Death (10 December 2008)

A Scene (Writing exercise)