Why (12 December 2008)


WHY - Bronwyn Desjardins

(14 December 2008 at 02:51)
Why can I not silence the doubt?
What dark and blood-thirsty beast is this that claws at my trust?
Why do words come fast
When mistrust is cast?

Why does love silence my pen?
Pain gives license to words and poems come easier then.
Is it love I despise?
Or her ability to render me speechless and hypnotize?

Malevolent darkness, happy slumbering daylight;
I cannot tame this beast of the night.
I sleep not deep,
In my dreams I weep.

Sleep deprived and hungry for what is not,
I watch you sleep and claim my lot.
The difference, I can no longer tell in my state of sleep deprivation,
Between what is truth and what falls foul in my desperation…

To find the answers I seek to my cries of “why?” 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ode to Bluebells - Bronwyn Desjardins (In Memoriam: Eric Laver)

Sudden Death (10 December 2008)

A Scene (Writing exercise)