Schoolyard Bully – Bronwyn Desjardins (20 February 2009 at 00:37)


Schoolyard Bully – Bronwyn Desjardins

Friday, 20 February 2009 at 00:37
See me here, no?
I didn’t think so.
I’m here every day at her side – my teacher, blind. Oblivious.
The last to be picked from the crowd,
The blue-eyed girl with the sad smile.
The games you played,
Well, I never learnt the words.
Pretty pink party dresses,
Your hands pulled at my tresses.
Can you believe we shared the same name, you and I?
But at opposite ends of the school yard,
There was no way I could find courage to defend.
You with your buck teeth – sad, afraid (I see that now) a bully at the core.
And me with my cock-eye –alone, afraid (no more) behind the door.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ode to Bluebells - Bronwyn Desjardins (In Memoriam: Eric Laver)

Sudden Death (10 December 2008)

A Scene (Writing exercise)